Date change, slow progress and other updates

Maggie says...

In case any of you didn't read the what's new/welcome page entries, we contacted the Ritz Carlton wedding coordinators today and have officially changed our wedding date to Tuesday, December 27th, 2011.

These last few weeks have been very slow in terms of wedding planning. A group of us are still waiting for airlines to quote group rates for flights! According to WestJet, we're still early if you can believe it. We still haven't heard back from Air Canada. This makes it frustrating because we can't book our accomodations (which involves an even larger group, some who have already booked their flights individually). I am really learning that patience is a virtue.

I am also crossing my fingers and toes that with the date change, we are still going to the our 1st choice photographer (Scott Drexler).

A few weekends ago, we went shopping in Buffalo, and I helped my mom find a colourful dress for our oceanfront wedding ceremony. I also found really cute shoes for our nephews (Magnus & Marcus). Using Marcus' foot as a sample, I took a guess at what size both their feet would be in December and couln't resist buying the shoes because they were so adorable. I figured if they don't fit the shoes on our wedding day, they can just wear it another time. During boxing week, I also got really cute bow-ties from Mexx for the little guys. They will stand out and share the spot light for sure! I am always keeping my eyes and ears open for ideas and sales, so feel free to share them with us.

I guess I haven't done much for the wedding lately because of other engagements. March seems to be the month of showers: I went to Tina's bridal shower on Saturday, Cora's baby shower on Sunday, and Angie's bridal shower is this coming Saturday. You really get to see people's creative sides shine at these showers. We made toilet paper bridal gowns, and interestingly I think the winning dress may actually be a design a real bride would wear (see posted picture).

The bridal team is going to start searching for bridesmaid dresses this weekend, I know it won't be made out of toilet paper even if it's called 'Cashmere'!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knife Sharpener.

Boot to the Head.

So them Polynesians..