Productive Month

Maggie says...

This has been a great month for wedding planning because it finally feels like the wedding is coming together! When I was in school, I always loved the feeling of crossing/checking items off my to-do list:

- Flights booked
- Accommodations booked
- Photographer booked
- Wedding-bands ordered
- Meet with seamstress and get measured for alterations

Jenning, myself, his mom, and her friends went with us to meet a Goldsmith today. I was referred to her by two co-workers who recently purchased rings from her. I had no idea what to expect as I wasn't sure if her workshop was going to be like a flea market type of set up with a bunch of other vendors. I had no idea what she looked like as we had only communicated by phone up to today. We got to the building, and into a tiny elevator and only realized we were meeting each other when we were getting off the elevator together. Her suite was super tiny, so all 6 of us were cramped into a tiny room. She didn't have a lot of samples, but we did some research ahead of time and had a picture of the design we wanted, which she was familiar with and would have no trouble replicating. Jenning and I ordered matching wedding bands, and because the design is simple and has no gems, we were able to stick within our budget! We're personalizing the bands by having them engraved.

After my experience coordinating a golf tournament a few years ago, I realized I was not a fan of organizing events. When we were looking into having a destination wedding, we made sure that the package would include a wedding coordinator who would take care of all the Hawaii related parts of the wedding. I am so grateful to our wedding coordinators at the Ritz, they totally know the meaning of customer service and have made this wedding planning process more pleasant. We just have to email them our preferences and they take care of the rest. I highly recommend coordinators for big events, it's worth it.

Next big items on our To-do list:
- Invitations
- Look for Jenning's attire
- Booking wedding luncheon in Hawaii

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knife Sharpener.

Boot to the Head.

So them Polynesians..