Moving around stuff.

This weekend was the weekend to move our stuff out of Maggie's place in London. In addition, we were to move other stuff around from Scarborough, and Markham, and Brampton. It was quite a tour of the GTA, and I had put together a schedule which I had hoped could be kept as I wanted to go to hockey on Saturday night as well. My schedule was pretty aggressive but I figured that if we could keep pace, we could get everything done in one day.

The first thing I had to do was to pick up the truck, which I did a little early. The first item to pick up was the dresser at my parents' place, which was easy to do, as I was able to move it downstairs myself, so I was able to move it onto the truck by myself.

The next item to load was a stone patio table, which I had thought was going to be relatively easy too, until I got to my aunt's place and saw the table. I did not realize that there were stone benches as well, and I did not realize how heavy it was until I tried to lift any of them. Even though the benches came apart, I knew immediately that they were a two man job, while the table itself, well.. I had to wait for Dan to arrive, and even with the help of a dolly, it took us a long time to move everything onto the truck. By then, we were running a little behind schedule, so my dad and I immediately headed to London.

The table is heavier than it looks.
The first stop was to drop off the patio set at my cousin's place, and of course it took longer to move the blocks out of the truck than I had originally anticipated. In the end, we were able to bring all of the pieces out into the general area where they were supposed to go.

Good enough.
We loaded stuff up to go back to Scarborough, which compared to the patio table, was a piece of cake. My dad and I had a quick sausage before heading to Maggie's place.

When we arrived at Maggie's place, she along with Jeff and Jean had already loaded up their car and moved just about everything down to the entrance, which made loading the truck a lot faster.

Efficiently done under proper supervision.
With a bit of help from Ray on the big ticket items, we were done in no time at all, so we ended up being only a little behind schedule. So we headed out to Brampton to unload the dining set, swap mattresses, and pick up a crib. This too went fairly quickly, as we had Hoi show up as well, and this made some of the unloading much quicker.

Next was to go to Maggie's parents' place to drop off the bulk of the rest of the furniture. The bed, dressers, and the smaller pieces were put into one of the rooms where we'll probably be staying for the summer. It too was a relatively quick to set up.


Finally unloaded.
Afterward, we took a break for dinner, and ended up chatting for hours afterward.

Ready for a feast!
By the time we left Brampton, we were way behind schedule, but we had time to drop off the stuff at my aunt's place and then unloaded the rest at my parents' place. Moving the stuff to Barb and Alan's place had to wait for another day.
 So the next day after lunch, I headed to Barb and Alan's place to drop off the stuff we borrowed from them and move all of our stuff (apart from the sofa and filing cabinet) to my parents' place. I figured that with no big ticket items to move, I could do the whole move on my own.

All the stuff has been moved from the basement.
The first step was to move everything from the basement to the main floor.

But it still needs to be moved to the truck.
That took a fair bit of time, but I was still feeling alright, so the next step was to move it all onto the truck, which was a little faster than moving everything upstairs (because of the gate).

Okay, so now it is in the truck.
 
Finally, I was able to drive this last load down to my parents' place to unload the truck before returning it to the rental shop.

Finally unloaded at my parents' place.
There was no time to find a place for everything, so I unloaded it all into the living room. I hope I can sell some of the furniture because frankly, we have no place to store all of this stuff!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knife Sharpener.

Boot to the Head.

So them Polynesians..