Happy Be-earlied Birthday to Me!

Every year at the end of June, Maggie has asked me what I wanted for my birthday, and I have always told her that there was nothing I wanted for my birthday. When she insisted on an answer, I told her "world peace", but apparently that was not a satisfactory reply.

Now that I am reaching the end of my fourth decade of life, I realized that there was something I do need and would like to have. I figure that I would like to start my fifth decade of life asking for a gift from each and every one of you. The gift of nostalgia.

I would like stories from everybody that will be shared with everybody else, and I guess the world. I figure that a life worth living is a life worth sharing. Some people might consider this an odd time to already want to think about stories from "when I was young", but some of these stories may not be remembered for much longer, and I would like to have a record of it for posterity. Also, my recollection of events might differ from the story-teller's version, so it is always good to have multiple witnesses (and sometimes explanations).

The stories have to be true and I need to be somewhere in the story, either as a subject or witness. But after that, they can be about anything at all. You don't even have to stop at one story. If there are more, you are welcome to add them to the list. Do not worry if you think that your story is too boring, or too short, or too long, or does not live up to the other stories already posted. If it is something about me that you are willing to share, I would like to read it. If you really do not have anything, or do not want to share anything, then do not feel compelled to add anything. This is not the end of the world (as we know it).

I have set up a forum where people can post their stories. It is:


You'll need to register to post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knife Sharpener.

Boot to the Head.

So them Polynesians..