Floating birthday.

For Maggie's birthday I booked us a couples massage and float at H2O Float spa and then dinner at Le Montmartre. After convincing my parents to watch Elsy of course.

When we arrived at the spa, we discovered that the building (and block) had no power, which meant that the water and room was not going to be warm enough for the float which meant that we had to cancel the float. The massage was still doable though, so we decided to go ahead with the massage.

Luckily enough for us, in the middle of the massage, the power came back, and it was early enough that our float session could continue.

I've always wanted to try something similar to this for a while now. The idea of just being able to float and not feel anything seems like a novel idea to me.

In any case, we got into the pool and the temperature of the room and water was such that (apart from my arms) I stopped noticing the temperature difference between the air and water. The water was dense enough that floating was very easy, except that when I relaxed my head, it sank far enough into the water that I could feel my neck and shoulder muscles pulling. The floating neck pillow helped but still wasn't enough support to keep my head elevated to the point I could fully relax.

Maggie started feeling a little sea sick after a while so we ended up cutting our session short. I can believe that one could feel a little queasy with the initial bobbing up and down in the pool.

Dinner at Le Montmartre was good. The place was suggested by George last week for John when he inquired about places to dine for Valentine's. My suggestions were a little on the pricey side, so hearing about this decently priced French restaurant perked my interest and I took the opportunity to book a seat.

So anyway, the food there was good and the prices were reasonable. I think we'll take my parents there at some point in time as I am sure my mom would like to try their French onion soup..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knife Sharpener.

Boot to the Head.

So them Polynesians..