Biking for Cold Noodles before Avengers

Maggie and I organized a bike ride down the Lower Don bike path. This was to train a few people for the Ride for Heart that was coming up in a couple of weeks. We met at Sunnybrook Park, we being Maggie, Hoi and I. Everyone else either did not respond, cancelled, or was going to show up at the Evergreen Brick Works.

We spent the next hour making our way down the Lower Don bike path, taking pictures, getting lost, and just enjoying the ride.
Maggie on the Lower Don Bike Path
Since we were taking a little longer than I had planned, I decided that we should skip the mill and waterfall and head straight to the Evergreen Brick Works, but also in so doing, I took the wrong path. Now I had told myself to put the bike maps into the backpack, but for some reason ended up not doing it, so we had no maps to follow, with just Maggie's internet connection guiding us. Fortunately, it was accurate. Unfortunately, my memory is quite terrible so I had to refer to it occasionally each time we came to a fork. The one time that I did not had us on the wrong side of the Don when we reached Bloor Street. So we took a picture and headed back.
Hoi at the Bloor Street Viaduct
We met up with Jean, Jeff, and Felix at the Evergreen Brick Works where we had a fairly tasty (and quite expensive) brunch at Cafe Belong. I got to test drive a Smart Fortwo and realized that I did not want a small two seater car that had no trunk space. (Not until the kids are off to university at least.)
After finishing our meal, we headed up the Beltway bike path and reached Mount Pleasant Cemetery where I spent the next hour or so looking for my dad's paternal grandparents' grave. We did find it eventually, although it was on the other end of the section of the cemetery I thought it was. Terrible memory I told you!
MJNL at Mount Pleasant Cemetery
After our trip through the cemetery, we headed back to Sunnybrook Park, where we split up. Hoi went with Maggie and I back to our place so we can freshen up for dinner, while the three of them biked back to their place. We met up for dinner in Thornhill for some Korean cold noodles. Then Maggie and I split off to watch The Avengers, which was quite an entertaining movie. I think purchasing the preselected seat tickets is worth every penny! I would rather spend the extra five dollars a ticket so that I would not have to wait an extra hour in line. I am pretty sure my time is worth more than five dollars an hour!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knife Sharpener.

Boot to the Head.

So them Polynesians..