A couch, a couch. My condo with a couch.

Okay, I butchered that quote, but a couple of weekends ago, we helped Jeff's mom move some of her furniture out from her condo and into a storage locker. At the locker, I saw something that caught my attention: A black two seat leather couch. This would be perfect for my condo! Unfortunately, I did not have the presence of mind to take a picture of the couch, or have it positioned for easy access, as I did not want to move the couch until I had permission from Jeff's mom and Maggie. I asked Jeff's mom when we got back to the condo and she told us to take it and keep it! Well, we would not have space for it once we move, so we told her that we'd be returning it once we were finished with it. (If we're lucky, the buyer won't have any furniture and we'd just sell it all with the condo.)

This weekend we arranged a meeting with Jeff's mom and got Maggie to take a look at the couch. She was quite happy with it, and we decided to find a way to transport it to the condo. I called my dad up to borrow the mini van but found out that he cancelled the insurance the day after Gina left, which was on Thursday. Bah! I started looking into renting a van while Maggie suggested I ask Jeff about the van they used. I thought it would be a little awkward, but I asked anyway, and apparently it was a family friend's van. Nevermind.

Maggie then suggested I asked Hoi, which I thought was not that awkward, and found out that his dad pretty much insisted on doing the actual driving! Well, it has been quite some time since I saw him, and he certainly has aged, but still seemed in good health.

It took less than an hour to pick up the couch and move it back to the condo. Maggie and I then went shopping to find things to go along with the new couch and layout. We spent the night arguing about the best configuration for the living and dining rooms until we came up with one which maximized the open space in the room. I think we're both happy with the new layout.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knife Sharpener.

Boot to the Head.

So them Polynesians..