Nine months in and sick, spit, poop, and pee.

Elsy passed her nine month milestone last week and immediately got sick. She had a runny nose and the occasional sneeze and cough. She spat up a couple of times as well, which she has not done in months. The runny nose is most annoying though. She hates to have her nose sucked, and wiping can only clear out so much mucus. It also makes for a hard time to drink from a bottle as she is unable to breathe and must gasp for air every few seconds or so.

Not to be left out, the two of us soon got sick as well, with Maggie really going down on Saturday. We all have gotten our flu shots, and Elsy even got a booster this past Friday which was Maggie's day off. I was only marginally better, as I did not have the chills and aches, but weakness, the occasional head ache and general lethargy makes managing an infant that much harder. Oh, and it did not help that Elsy had a runny poop bomb that I had to clean up and after the bath she peed on me.

I did discover that Elsy likes drinking water. She enjoys drinking from the shower head, and sipping bath water. Both of which I am trying to discourage. Maybe I'll see if she likes to drink water from a cup.

Oh yeah, Elsy has now been out of Maggie longer than she has been in her. How time flies!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knife Sharpener.

Boot to the Head.

So them Polynesians..