Cuba Day 2: Snorkling

I had a few things I wanted to do today. One was to write up and send out my post cards. The other was to book a taxi or tour to take us to Santa Clara so that we could go see my GGF's grave.

I had set my alarm to 0830 so that we would be able to catch the welcome meeting with the travel coordinator, but I found out that my phone was actually an hour behind! I don't know how that happened, considering that the phone was displaying the time in Santa Clara, but Maggie's phone was correct according to the time on the television. As such, we ended up missing the orientation meeting and had to apologize for our tardiness. The lady explained to us that there were no tours that went to Santa Clara, but one could book a taxi. A taxi driver was actually standing right there and he quoted us a price, which seemed fairly okay, compared to the price that Jeff and Angela paid.

I was also able to pick up some stamps, convert extra cash (conversion rates are terrible!) and pick up an internet card. The card gave us an hour of internet time for 6 CUC, which is not great but good enough to check e-mail, although we had a lot of trouble and wasted a lot of time trying to check Maggie's e-mail.

We tried out the breakfast buffet, and were pleasantly surprised again that the food was not bad. I would say that it was probably a little better than the Majestic in Punta Cana.

We spent the rest of the day at the beach, where I was able to try out some snorkeling. It was tough to see any fishes or other wildlife, but the coral reef was just a meter out into the water, so I was able to find a lot of tiny fishes sheltering amongst the coral, although the water was very shallow (half a meter deep) so it was a little tough not to hit anything, but it also made it easier to actually see these tiny (5 cm) fish.

That evening we had dinner in their Mediterranean restaurant. Maggie wanted to book the Creole restaurant but apparently the restaurant was booked for an event. We did get a reservation for Saturday, and the food at the Mediterranean restaurant was not bad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knife Sharpener.

Boot to the Head.

So them Polynesians..