Wedding Prep and Bachelor Party Redux

Maggie and I spent part of the day going over the details and preparing for our wedding on the 27th. Since we arrived late on the 23rd, we were in no condition to do anything on the 24th and everything was closed on the 25th.

First thing in the morning, we went to the marriage license office, along with Barb and Alan, to get all of the paperwork done. I had printed off the forms long before we left and even partially filled them out, except I had forgotten them when we left for Hawaii. Fortunately, the office provided all of the documentation that we needed. Unfortunately, we found out that the names on the license had to match the exact names of the birth certificates for all involved, including our parents! This was.. annoying. All of the documentation was at home which required us to call our parents to verify their names on the documents. So we were there a little longer than we had planned.

As such, we did not arrive at the Ritz until much later than we had planned and only had a short time to wander to the venue to make sure everything looked okay, and that the wireless internet connection would be sufficient. (The signal was quite weak actually, so I was a little worried on that front.)

Pauline, Maggie, Hoi and I travelling on a golf cart to inspect the wedding venue at the Ritz Carlton Kapalua.
This also made Hoi and I late for the bachelor party that afternoon. I had no idea what was going on so I did not realize that they had planned a snorkeling adventure and then dinner afterward. (Had I known, I would have brought my waterproof camera.)

I might as well mention here that I noticed something interesting: During our trips to Hana, I drove along the road, which was very windy and followed the curvature of the mountain. The road to Lahaina on the other hand was much more level and straight. I did notice however, just above the road, another smaller road. This road was no longer in use, but it was narrower, and followed the curvature of the mountainside. It was quite interesting to see this road curve back and forth along the coast while the new one cut a fairly straight path through the mountain. This part of the reason why Lahaina attracts so many tourists: it is so easy to get there now.

Kendrick, Richard, Jeff, Me, Hoi, and Hwan on our snorkeling adventure.
We boarded a boat that brought us to a secluded cove where there were virtually no currents and lots of coral. This was a very nice location for weak swimmers like me.

Hwan posing underwater.
The snorkeling excursion was great. We had fun swimming in the cove and saw many fish and even a sea turtle!

Close shot of a sea turtle. (It swam to me!)
Richard got a little sick on the trip back to land, but was okay for our dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. The surprise after dinner was a private show with some Tahitian dancers. Apparently there is some video evidence of yours truly getting some dancing lessons, but hopefully that evidence will have disappeared into the ether..


The Tahitian dancers and our group after a dinner and show at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.
Finally, we went for a round of drinks before heading back to the hotel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knife Sharpener.

Boot to the Head.

So them Polynesians..