Punta Cana Day 1: Arrival

I had arranged to pick up Hwan and Ben around 0630 to drive us all to the airport. I had packed everything I could think of: snorkel, water shoes, sunscreen, sandals, etc. I also packed a lot of shirts and shorts. What I forgot to pack was more formal wear for some of the restaurants in the resort.

But in any case, we were warned by Elena that there were weight restrictions on both the checked luggage (18 kg) and carry on luggage as well (5 kg)! I managed to squeak under both limits, but the bride and groom's party had quite a bit of reorganization to do as their carry on was way over the limit.
 
We spent the greater part of the time at the airport waiting on them to reorganize but we couldn't help as our luggage was at the limit or too small to be of any use. We did help convert some cash though.
 
The flight was uneventful as was the bus ride. Check in was strange as the reception area was not like any of the other tropical reception areas the I had been to before: it was tiny and air conditioned.
 
Oh, Christine was scared of this giant moth, so I picked it up and it latched on to my sleeve.
 
In any case, it took a while to get in to our rooms and it wasn't until I went exploring before I discovered that our rooms (except for a few special people) were all situated on basically a mini resort separated from the main resort by a lake. It is about a five minute was (or ten minute wait and cart ride) to get to the lobby of the main resort! On top of that, it was still another five minute walk to the main dining hall and another five minute walk to the beach!

The main entrance to Now Larimar Resort.
Not close at all.
 
Still, so far the food is not bad, and service is friendly. Let's see if I can catch up on sleep and work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knife Sharpener.

Boot to the Head.

So them Polynesians..