Indochina Day 15: No bus, but the flight worked for me

My original plan was to take a bus from Siem Reap back to Thailand. Maggie had wanted to spend some time on the beach to rest and relax and I was looking at Ko Chang island as a potential stopping point on our way back to Bangkok. However, Maggie was a little hesitant about taking the bus, or any land route after reading the reviews and stories. After a short discussion, I relented and started looking for flights from Siem Reap to Bangkok. I had looked earlier and found the flights costing $400+ per person unless I was willing to go with a really cheap airline for the bargain basement price of $200.

Amazingly enough, when I started looking at flights again, tickets appeared for the boutique airline Bangkok Air, which was a much better rated airline with prices close to beating the bargain prices of the cheaper airlines.

One drawback was that our flight was early in the morning so we had to get up early. I was feeling better than yesterday, but still was not all that well. I did want to take advantage of the tasty food while we were still here though so we had a quick breakfast before getting dropped off at the airport.

The front of our airplane.

Our airplane was the same model as the one that took us from Da Nang to Siem Reap and the trip was fairly uneventful. We were originally planning to take the train and metro to our hotel to save on money, but I was still not feeling all that well. Managing all our luggage in the heat and humidity of Bangkok was not in the cards for me. We took the taxi instead.

The rear of the airplane where we got on.

We stayed at the FuramaXclusive Asoke which was located near Terminal 21 and Sol Cowboy. Our room was on the smaller side, akin to the rooms we had in Vietnam. Maggie wanted to try out a foot massage as well as a regular massage but asked the receptionist to write up a note in Thai to warn the therapist of our situation. We went out to the Foot Master but after she showed them the note, they told us it was too dangerous to work on us, so we decided to head back to the hotel. By then I was feeling quite unwell and very dehydrated so we stayed in the hotel for the rest of the day. I definitely was stuck near the washroom all that time, and ended up taking some Imodium late that evening so that I could get some sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knife Sharpener.

Boot to the Head.

So them Polynesians..