Indochina Day 7: Cruising the beaches of Halong Bay

This morning I woke up early to try my hand at some tai chi. When I got there, there were only two other people who were participating. A few minutes after arrived two more showed up. Practicing Tai Chi on the top of the junk early in the morning while cruising through the quiet waters of Ha Long Bay was a very serene and relaxing experience. Trying to balance on a rocking boat while tall island mountains pass by you is a scene that rarely plays out in real life.

Hon Co Island. I did not get to play on the beach.

The first event after breakfast was a trek into Thien Canh Son cave on Hon Co Island before some time to rest and relax on the beach or doing some kayaking. Maggie started to suffer from heat exhaustion after climbing up the stairs to the cave so the two of us headed back to the junk to recuperate while the rest of the group stayed in the island.

Maggie and I on the beach of one of the islands of Da Xep geological park.

After lunch, Maggie felt a lot better but skipped out on the afternoon kayaking so I went in a single kayak with the group through one of the small caves and around the Karst Mountains of Da Xep geological park. Afterward we all hung out on the beach for a while before heading back to the junk for dinner. Maggie and I spent most of the night talking with one of the couples we drove in with on the luxury van. I stayed up so late I did not have time to update the blog entry!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knife Sharpener.

Boot to the Head.

So them Polynesians..