Indochina Day 20: The voyage home

We got picked up by our taxi at 0400 so that we could make our 0640 flight back home. Getting up was not as annoying as I thought it would be and I was surprisingly awake, until I sat down on the plane and my eyes started to droop. I think I passed out a couple of times on our three hour trip to Hong Kong. I wanted to stay up until our long haul flight back to Toronto so that I could get my body in sync with Toronto time and hopefully minimize the effects of jet lag. I only have a day to recover before going back to work and I do not want to doze off on my first day back.

At least we had the entertainment system working on the way back, so I was finally able to watch Avengers 2: The Rise of Ultron, as well as Interstellar. The first movie was a little disappointing, while the second was enjoyable, but did require paying attention.

I did seem to fall asleep for most of the flight back, although it did not feel like I got a lot of sleep. I did feel a lot less jet lagged than Maggie when we got back, but it was kind of sad that our trip was over. Despite the heat, humidity, and the bugs (inside and out) we had a good time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knife Sharpener.

Boot to the Head.

So them Polynesians..