Surf's Up!

We got up early for the island orientation but nearly missed it. They offered a discount on the breakfast buffet which was enough incentive to take part. We went over the activities that we wanted to do on the island and was able to schedule only one thing later for this day, and that was for taking surfing lessons with the Garden Island Surf School in Koloa. The drive out to the beach was nice and relaxing. We drove through a grove of trees that completely covered the road and the beach we went to was not too crowded. Maggie and I had another lady in our group and there was another lesson with a younger group of girls next to us. After watching them pick up surfing quickly, I thought that we would be able to learn how to surf in no time.

I was wrong.

Out of the countless times I got on the board to catch a wave, I was only able to ride a wave once. One single time. Maggie had gotten tired earlier and filmed me while I tried to catch the wave again, but time and time again, I would not be able to get it right. I was at least able to stand up though.


The only time I was able to stand on the board for a photo.
After our exhausting day at the beach, we headed to Hukilau Lanai in Kapaa. The food there was pretty good, although the restaurant was quite busy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knife Sharpener.

Boot to the Head.

So them Polynesians..