Zipping along the Na'Pali Coast

We actually had two events scheduled for today. The first was zip lining with the Just Live Zip Line Treetop Tour. I had never gone zip lining before, and I have always wanted to try it out. But there was one problem: I am afraid of heights. Things seemed okay as we climbed up the first ramp to the first platform, but when we got to the second one..

Maggie is enjoying herself.
Well let us just say that I was able to keep all of my cookies in place and I was still able to enjoy myself even though the ground was a very long way down, and there was nothing between my feet and the ground.


Maggie certainly enjoyed herself, and we both even tried some tricks as we got closer to the end of the tour, like going backwards, or going Superman style.

I do not feel so safe on these walking bridges but Maggie seems to be enjoying this.
We then had lunch at Puka Dog down near Koloa. They were well known for their specially filled hot dog buns, but Maggie and I found it a little gimmicky and expensive. It was tasty though.

Maggie in front of Puka Dog.
The night was reserved for a sunset dinner cruise along the Na'Pali Coast Sunset Cruise with Kauai Sea Tours. We waited for a while next to the office before boarding the ship so I took this time watching more chickens as they tried to cross the road. None made it. For some reason they kept turning back. Maggie on the other hand wanted to record my vacation beard for posterity.

A picture of my vacation beard while we were waiting for the boat.
We had been on a number of boat excursions already so we were pretty comfortable with riding on the catamaran. Maggie even got volunteered to show how the life vest was used.

Maggie is demonstrating how to put on the life vest.
As with any of these dinner boating excursions, there was unlimited alcoholic beverages, which I really should try to get money back for since I don't drink! The cruise itself was a fairly long affair, as we needed to head out from the south coast all the way around to the north coast and back. Along the way, we were able to see a number of whales and even some breaches! They were far away though so we were not able to get any good pictures.


A picture of us with the Na'Pali Coast in the background.
The view of the coast was quite nice, and the captain gave us stories about the movies that were filmed in the area.

Knife like erosion of one of the mountains overlooking the Na'Pali Coast.
The highlight of the trip occurred on the way back. We were followed by a pod of dolphins and the captain decided to let them follow up for several minutes. The dolphins swam under and beside the boat and were close enough that we could touch them if we got on the floor!


Finally, we stopped the boat to watch the sun set before continuing back to port.

A picture of us with the sun set.
I was able to get one of the crew members to take a picture of us with the sun setting and the moon rising.


A picture of us with the rising moon.
The weather cooperated with us very nicely today, we certainly enjoyed it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knife Sharpener.

Boot to the Head.

So them Polynesians..